Monday, July 26, 2010

Biosilk Hair Care Review

I've been meaning to do this review for a while now, but I wanted to give myself more time to develop a set opinion. A few years ago I used to use the Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum, but after a couple bottles my mom just never got it again. Her choice probably was based on the fact that the serum can be expensive, which is understandable considering how insanely soft it leaves your hair. So it was no surprise when I saw the boxed set at a very great price in Target-- $26!


The Biosilk Silk Therapy set comes with the shampoo, conditioner, and serum in full size bottles (12 oz each). Purchasing the trio was cheaper than just the serum, and I was curous to give the shampoo and conditioner a try considering I've only used the serum previously.

What makes Biosilk so special? The Biosilk products contain silk proteins, which help deliver soft, smooth hair that has a healthy shine. 


I especially favor the conditioner because it also has UV filters. This helps protect the hair from UVA and UVB rays. We apply sunblock and sunscreen to protect the rest of our bodies, and it is also important to protect the hair.


After showering I use the Silk Therapy serum while blowdrying my hair. The serum can be used on wet and dry hair, as well as skin! Yes, on your skin. The serum conditions your skin leaving it feeling so silky. I like to use this on my rough parts, such as elbows and knees.

I like to use this serum to protect my hair from too much heat damage when I blow dry and straighten my hair. I simply pour a small amount into my palms and apply it all throughout my hair, focusing mostly on my ends. Really, a little goes a long way with this serum. It feels unbelievably lightweight in comparison to other hair serums. After straightening my hair I also like to apply a little more before I go out to smoothen my hair and give it a little extra shine.


When I wear my hair naturally curly, I usually like to maintain my curls with mousse. However this could sometimes make my curls more stiff and crunchy. The Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum works great on my natural curls, giving them a soft and bouncy feel. Usually my curls look dry and frizzy, but the Biosilk Serum makes my curly hair look shiny and healthy.

Overall, the Biosilk Silk Therapy products are great to give your hair a smooth and shiny feel, just like silk, because they contain silk proteins. It works great on dry and wet hair, as well as skin. The conditioner contains UV filters to protect hair from UVA/UVB rays. The serum is great for all hair types and is buildable, so you can use it as much as necessary.



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment